Senior Controls Engineer
United States, California, Santa ClaraEngineering
UnitX builds the world's leading robotics systems to automate repetitive visual tasks in factories. UnitX is an exciting, innovative, and fast-moving startup with a team from Stanford, MIT, and Google. Our team is highly collaborative and we are looking forward to offering you the chance to manifest your creativity and highly impact the final product in this startup environment.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Controls Engineer to join our team supporting us in the next phase following our Series A. You will report directly to the CTO and ship software running on actual production lines in factories around the world.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and build the communication library and API for UnitX product with different communication protocols including EtherCAT, EtherNET/IP, OPC/UA, DeviceNet, Profinet, Modbus, etc.
- Work on the motion product where we integrate UnitX with 1 to 6 axis motion hardware
- Help with integration at field deployments
- Improve operations by recommending changes in policies and procedures
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Proven experience working with at least two of: EtherCAT, ADS, EtherNET/IP, OPC/UA, DeviceNet, Modbus, or Profinet
- Ideally has experience on all of: Beckhoff, Allen Bradley, Omron, and Siemens PLCs
- Would be nice to have motion/robotics control experience
- Highly motivated self-starter who has a passion for the robotics, autonomous, deep learning startup space
- Competitive salary, equity, and 401k
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision
- Unlimited PTO
- Daily meals provided